The Volunteer EMS Provider is responsible for supporting the mission of Southside Virginia Emergency Crew by being or becoming an individual who provides skilled emergency and non-emergency services in a variety of areas including staffing a basic life support or an advanced life support ambulance, emergency medical and rescue operations, serving as AIC of a basic life support unit, providing non-emergent basic medical assistance, directing other first responders and non-certified members in patient care services, mentoring, recruitment, and other duties as required and/or assigned. The Volunteer EMS Provider will spend a considerable amount of their service staffing an ambulance, helping with volunteer operations and attending training to enhance their skill set and knowledge. Volunteer EMS providers typically work twelve-hour shifts or other assigned work schedule(s), providing essential duties to meet the needs of the organization.
- Attend regularly scheduled training drills, meetings and volunteer or organizational events.
- Commits to a standard monthly hourly requirement to fulfill volunteer obligation
- Safely operates emergency vehicles after formal training on the same.
- Follow all emergency medical services regulations, policies and protocols; and ensure compliance with all EMS regulations.
- Perform patient care at the level of certification.
- Interact regularly with citizens, members, allied agencies and potential volunteer recruits.
- Perform other job duties requiring skills, knowledge and physical requirements as demanded by those duties described or less.
- Upholds the standard of conduct for volunteer members
- Must be at least 16 years of age or older
- High school graduate or a current high school student in good standings
- Licensed driver in the state of Virginia or eligible to be licensed
- Be willing to attend required training to obtain certifications needed to become a Volunteer EMS Provider
- Be willing to commit to a monthly hourly requirement to remain in good standings
- Eligibility to obtain Rescue Squad License Plates
- Experience in a high volume EMS system - useful for many career and academic ventures
- On the job training and certification training opportunities
- Various discounts through local and governmental vendors
- Opportunity to serve your community and make a difference in the lives of others
For more information on volunteer opportunities at Southside Virginia Emergency Crew or about this posting, you may contact the following
John Campbell, EMT
Major of Volunteer Operations
Southside Virginia Emergency Crew